Tuesday, December 7, 2010



CD/DOWNLOAD/ALBUM: Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig (2010)

By Mark Saleski Sometimes, the history of music is full of surprises. Another way of looking at it: I'm surprised by my own ignorance. When I think of the South and old-time music, the blues, whites, and blacks, I tend to think of the musics as being mostly separated, with old-time music being a purely white phenomenon while the obvious African influence makes the blues a black specialty...

Read more on All About Jazz







CD/DOWNLOAD/ALBUM: Ron Isley Releases MR. I Today

fter 50 years in the recording business, Ron Isley of the legendary Isley Brothers has released his first solo album ever, Mr. I, including duets with the great Aretha Franklin and relative youngster T.I. So it's no surprise to see the variety of people in this video, all affected by the Isleys' music, from Erykah Badu to Wolf Blitzer to Steve Harvey...

Read more on All About Jazz











No comments:

Post a Comment