Sunday, December 19, 2010



Question by •●Lisa●•: How many chapters do bestsellers have?

Books like Twilight, Harry Potter just popular books, how many chapters do they have? I was just wondering this so I have rough guide and I know it's my book and it doesn't matter but, just a query?
I'm writing and the plot says it will be somewhere near 30 chapters. Is that a decent amount?




Best answer:

Answer by Sarah
Well, it's true that the later Harry Potter and Twilight books have around thirty chapters.

However, that's because the first few didn't have that many chapters - they grow as the story moves on and there is more to write about.

I mean, if you have enough to write about to make your book thirty chapters, then, by all means, go ahead and make a thirty chapter book :)

But, keep in mind that that's a lot of chapters, and a lot of writing (unless they're going to be short chapters).

Anyway, good luck.





Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment