Sunday, February 27, 2011

What are some good, meaningful lines from british literature or poetry?



Your Ad Here





Question by Chloe M,: What are some good, meaningful lines from british literature or poetry?

I am doing a school project that involves selecting lines from British literature and poetry. I have to pick lines from novels, poems, short stories and essays by British writers from throughout the eras. At the moment I only have 10 lines and I could use some help selecting some more. If anyone has anything in mind, I would be very grateful! Thanks!




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by MJP
Look up quotes by Oscar Wilde, Neil Gaiman, and Terry Pratchett.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom." - Terry Pratchett-Hogfather

[Lucifer] "The devil made me do it". I have never made one of them do anything. Never. They live their own tiny lives. I do not live their lives for them.
-- Neil Gaiman "The Sandman: Season of Mists"

(Look up Seasons of Mists. Lucifer says many thought-provoking things)


The Portrait of Dorian Gray has wonderful insights about art, and The Importance of Being Earnest is quite witty.





Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment